Why do we use an ILL?
- It allows you to process and retain concepts more easily!
- You can use it to thoroughly review for quizzes and tests!
- It helps you keep track of your assignments, homework and class work on a daily basis!
- It serves as a study tool for the EOGs!
- It allows you to personalize your learning experiences by having a way to reflect thoughtfully, creatively, and individually!
How do I maintain my ILL?
- Glue everything down as soon as you get it!
- Update your table of contents regularly!
- Be gentle when placing your ILL in your locker so the edges don’t get mangled!
- No doodling that doesn’t relate to notes!
- No ripped out pages or torn corners!
- Treat it like a fragile little baby.
How do I glue pages in my ILL?
- For single sided sheets, glue the corners and a spot in the middle. Covering the entire page with glue is not an effective method and wastes our resources.
- For double sided sheets, create a tab or put a strip of glue down one side of the paper. This will allow you to see both sides of the page!
- If you come across a “dead” glue stick, please place it in the trashcan.
- Return glue sticks to the appropriate container when you are done gluing.
What Goes on the LEFT Side?
Left Side Reflections must take up at least ¾ of the page.
The LEFT side is used for your interaction with the information using pictures, graphs, etc. to remember information go on left hand side.
Every left side page gets used! ALWAYS USE AT LEAST 4 COLORS, because colors help the brain learn and organize information.
Reflection options are listed on the document below:
What Goes on the RIGHT Side?
ALWAYS start the page with the date, page number, and page title at the top of the page.
The RIGHT side is for writing down information you are given in class.