- Don't tolerate the distractions of other students. Direct your attention to receiving and absorbing the information.
- Ask for clarification whenever the material is unclear.
- Take organized, clear notes. Note taking is how you will gather the information you need to study. Notes provide the major source of information to study for exams.
- Be alert and on time. Regular attendance is a sign of a serious student.
- Pay attention whenever the instructor references the exam or describes parts of the exam.
- Pay attention to announcements, dates and deadlines.
- Demonstrate that you are responsible for your own learning. Search for your own answers first and then ask questions when information is not clear. Many have the same questions but are afraid to ask. Get involved.
- Ask questions in class when you aren't clear on something. Professors respect good questions and use them as feedback to see how well students are getting the material.